Why use a Migration Agent?
At Oz Migration Agent, we often get asked by potential clients “why should I use a migration agent? and “what are the benefits of using a migration agent?”.
Every person looking to migrate to Australia has a range of personal circumstances that are unique to them. Based on your personal circumstances, the visa pathways open to you will vary and the visa pathway you initially feel is the best option may not be.
Did you Know?
In Australia, only a registered migration agent are legally able to provide migration advice.
John Corbett, of OZ Migration Agent is a Registered Migration Agent (MARN: 1463990) and has a proven track record in providing the right visa pathways for his clients.
why should I use a migration agent?
Although you do not have to use a registered migration agent to lodge your visa application, a registered migration agent might be able to help you if your case is complex or you require immigration assistance.
- Registered migration agents are required to:
- have a sound knowledge of migration law and procedure
- act professionally and in a timely manner
- abide by the Code of Conduct for registered migration agents
- have appropriate insurance
- be a fit and proper person to give immigration assistance and be a person of integrity (this will involve criminal history checks)
Getting things right, first time
If you make a critical error in your visa application, there can be serious consequences for you. Not only could your visa application be declined, you could lose your application fees as most visa application fees are non-refundable.
There are other impacts to consider, such as the emotional impact of a visa rejection, the what to do next feeling and a range of other emotions that bubble to the surface.
Using a registered migration agent can guide you to the right visa pathway for your circumstances and work with you to build a strong application.
What about Migration Law?
Each and every visa application is accessed based on the appropriate laws in place at the time.
Migration Law can be complex, hard to understand with a lot of “Law terminology” used.
It can be easy to misunderstand or interpret application questions and apply them to your and your personal circumstances in a way that could have a negative impact on your application in the long run.
Using Oz Migration Agent, a registered migration agent, you will receive communication and guidance in a way that is easy to understand. We cut through the jargon for you and turn migration law talk into clear, easy to understand terms.
Getting the right information in a rapidly changing environment
Migration Laws are always changing and evolving. Changes to visa requirements can be minor, they can also be significant that come with serious implications.
Getting the right information at the right time can be critical for your application. New Laws come into effect at a specific point in time, applications made following a change in Law would be accessed based on the new Laws in place, in most cases.
Understanding the current Laws and visa requirements, then looking at the changes coming into effect; Oz Migration Agent, a registered migration agent can identify potential impacts of the changes based on your personal circumstances. Information can be given and actions taken where possible to minimise the impact of such changes.
If you have a visa application refused, the refusal can have an effect on future visa applications. There are clear regulations that will limit your ability to apply for future visas onshore.
Using a registered migration agent, can assist you in minimising the risk of a visa refusal.
Administrative Review Tribunal (AAT)
The AAT has authority to make re-examine ‘reviewable’ DIBP decisions. For example, not very visa refusal is a ‘ reviewable decision’.
Getting your visa application right, first time is the best policy. Using a registered migration agent can assist you with that.
Skills, Knowledge and experience
Oz Migration Agent, a registered migration agent offers the skills, knowledge and practical experience needed to add value during a difficult, complex and challenging process.
While a registered migration agent can not guarantee a visa application outcome, they can provide the knowledge and experience needed to put the best possible application forward for you.
While there are fees a registered migration agent charges for their services, the costs of not using a registered migration agent can, at time be significantly more costly.
what are the benefits of using a migration agent?
- provide visa information
- guide you to the right visa for your circumstances
- assist you with your visa application
- deal with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for you
- lodge a well-written and prepared application
- work closely with you to understand your circumstances and to inform you if the visa is likely to be approved
- communicate in a way that is easy to understand and eliminate some of the complex words and terms used during the application process
- effective communications and on-going feedback during the application process.
What are the benefits of using Oz Migration Agent?
- we have solid migration law and procedure knowledge
- we act in your best interests
- provide you with an honest assessment of your situation
- you will always receive professional advice
- you get to deal with a single point of contact for all your needs
- we are governed by the registered migration agents Code of Conduct (PDF)
- we have a proven track record in providing outcomes for our clients
- we make the process as easy and stress free as possible
Although you do not have to use a registered migration agent to lodge your visa application, a registered migration agent might be able to help you if your case is complex or you require specific immigration assistance, such as responding to the DIBP.
Remember, a registered migration agent can not guarantee a visa application approval. A registered migration agent can provide the knowledge and experience to ensure your submitted application is a strong one.
Oz Migration Agent offers a range of migration services and we would love the opportunity to assist you in your visa process.
Source: The Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Sign up to receive the Oz Migration Agent Newsletter today.
Why sign up?
Keep up to date on all the latest news and updates about Australian migration.
Our newsletter is sent out once a week with all the latest migration news.
Your personal details are used for newsletter purposes only. We don't on-sell your details.
You have complete control, you can unsubscribe at anytime. What are you waiting for?